Direct flights from Japan to Bangkok, 6-8 daily flights in November
The Thai government has announced that vaccinated travelers from Japan will be able to enter Bangkok without quarantine from November 1st. This decision will make it much easier for vaccinated travelers to enter Bangkok.
Currently, there are four airports that operate direct flights to Bangkok from Japan: Narita, Haneda, Chubu, and Kansai. During November, each company will operate 6 to 8 flights a day depending on the day of the week.
The flight schedule at each airport is as follows.
From Narita to Bangkok
NH805 NRT 18:40 BKK 00:05 (+1) every day
JL707 NRT18: 10 BKK23: 35 every day
ZG051 NRT16: 50 BKK22: 10 every day
TG643 NRT11: 45 BKK17: 05 Tue / Wed / Fri / Sun *
(* Operates daily from December 1st)
From Haneda to Bangkok
NH847 HND11: 00 BKK16: 15 Every day
JL031 HND11: 20 BKK16: 20 every day
TG683 HND10: 35 BKK15: 40 Wednesday, Friday, Sunday *
(* Operation resumed from January 2, 2022)
From Chubu to Bangkok
TG645 NGO 11:00 BKK 15:40 Wed, Thu, Fri, Sun
From Kansai to Bangkok
TG623 KIX11: 00 BKK15: 45 Mon / Thu / Fri / Sat / Sun *
(* Operates on Wednesdays from December 7th)
Thai Airways International is also holding a sale until October 31st. Please refer to each company's website for flight details.
ANA / JAL / Zip Air / Thai Airways
COE will be replaced by "Thailand Pass" to enter Thailand from November 1, 2021
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, the "Thailand Pass" will be introduced for entry into Thailand after November 1, 2021. On the other hand, an Certificate of Entry(COE) approved before November 1, 2021 is also valid.
About entering Thailand after November 1, 2021
1. From November 1, 2021, the "Thailand Pass" will be introduced to those who enter Thailand. Please register your "Thailand Pass" at https://tp.consular.go.th/ online. A QR code for Thailand Pass will be issued, so please show it to the airline or the Thai border control officer.
2, COEs approved before November 1, 2021 will continue to be valid for entry into Thailand. Please contact the hotel you already booked and paid for applying COE directly for a refund.
3. Unvaccinated companions under the age of 12 can enter the country with quarantine exemption (you must wait at least one night at the hotel for the results of the RT-PCR test).
4. Only travelers who have stayed in a country listed as low risk for 21 days or more or who have previously come from Thailand can enter the country with this scheme.
Thai Tourism Minister proposes to reopen entertainment facilities on November 1st
Currently, entertainment facilities such as bars and nightclubs are closed in Thailand.
From November 1st, 17 cities in Thailand have decided to accept foreign tourists without quarantine, and in response to this, Thai Tourism and Sports Minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan has announced that he would propose to reopen entertainment facilities such as bars, night clubs, karaoke lounges, pubs and other nightlife facilities to foreign tourists.
The minister said he would introduce the measure at the CCSA General Meeting next week and request that entertainment facilities be reopened on November 1 in key areas. However, in this proposal, Bangkok will be excluded because it seems to be difficult to control safety.
Providing alcohol beverage at restaurant is already allowed in Phuket, Koh Samui and Khao Lak, but CCSA initially tentatively proposed that providing alcohol beverage at restaurant at other areas will be allowed on December 1. Meanwhile, the Minister of Tourism said it is likely that all Blue Zone restaurants will be allowed to serve alcohol on November 1.
Thai government announces 46 countries that can enter Thailand without quarantine from November 1st
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand has released a list of 46 countries and / or regions that can enter Thailand from November 1st without quarantine quarantine.
Below is a list of 46 countries and / or regions.
6. Brunei Dal Salaam
13. Czech Republic
31. New Zealand
36. Saudi Arabia
39. South Korea
43. United Arab Emirates
44. United Kingdom
45. United States
46. Hong Kong
From November 1st, the curfew will be lifted, and from December 1st, it is planned that restaurants will be allowed to serve alcoholic beverages.
Thailand's tourism industry has been devastated by the pandemic of the Coronavirus, and this opening of the country is expected to be a major first step towards revival.
Thailand decides 7 conditions to enter without quarantine
From November 1st, foreign tourists will be able to enter the country without quarantine in several Thai cities, including Bangkok.
Immigrants without quarantine must meet the following seven conditions:
(1) Come from countries specified by the Thai Public Health Ministry as being low risk and arrive by air.
(2) Have certificates to confirm that they have received two doses of a recognised COVID-19 vaccine.
(3) Have negative COVID-19 results from RT-PCR tests conducted within 72 hours prior to arrival in Thailand.
(4) Have a minimum of US$50,000 health insurance coverage.
(5) Have written/electronic confirmation of hotel bookings in Thailand.
(6) Download and install a specified app upon arrival at the airport and undergo RT-PCR tests within 24 hours of arrival.
(7) Have negative test results before travelling domestically without quarantine.
Currently, only five countries are designated as low-risk countries. Those are the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Singapore and China. But the Thai government plans to announce about 20 more low-risk countries later this week. Let's wait for the announcement of the Thai government.